“The mission of the Gateway Immunization Coalition is to save lives and improve health by eliminating vaccine preventable diseases
GIC Adolescent Immunization Awareness Month
May 1st- May 31st
What is it? A month of awareness and education about adolescent (11-18 yrs) immunizations.
Saint Louis County declared May 1-May 31st Adolescent Immunization Awareness month.Deborah Artman, chair of GIC adolescent committee and co-char of GIC steering committee accepts the proclamation. View the video:
What can you do to help protect teens?
- Share this flyer with other parents, colleagues and friends.
- Ask your child’s doctor or nurse about recommended and required immunizations teens need. Adolescent scheduler can be found here.
- Contact GIC to set up an adolescent immunization presentation at your middle school (St. Louis city, Jefferson, St. Charles, Franklin, and St. Louis counties) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t wait until for the back to school rush. Get immunizations in the summer.
Gateway Immunization Coalition (GIC) Upcoming Dates:
- May 1-31 Adolescent Immunzaition Awareness Month, sponsored by GIC
Gateway Immunization Coalition, a program of the Maternal, Child & Family Health Coalition serves Franklin County, Jefferson County, St. Charles County, St. Louis City and St. Louis County.